So I sat down to write the post for today and questioned what I should write about. I really didn’t have anything on my mind. So I did a Bible Study that I have been leading my praise team through, hoping that might trigger something. It didn’t. So I thought about it and went to Psalm 119. I knew that this was a long psalm (the longest in the Bible), so I figured I might be able to pull something out of there. But God drew me somewhere else because right on the other side I noticed another psalm. This psalm is quite the opposite of Psalm 119, in that it is a very short psalm. It reads:
“Praise the Lord, all you nations.
Praise him, all you people of the earth.
For he loves us with unfailing love;
the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever.
Praise the Lord!”
–Psalm 117, NLT
Two verses, and it says everything that I could ever say. It’s a good reminder that when you don’t know what else to do, give God praise and worship (not the music, the actions). So I’ll list a few things that I am praising God for today.
- That He loves me enough to come to this place to save me
- For the beautiful family He has blessed me with
- The job that He has given me, so that I may be able to care for my family
- The car that He has given me so I can get to my job
- That I live in a place where I can praise him openly without fear or persecution
- For my Bible (all 9 of them), and the fact that I have the ability to read it
- My loving friends and extended family that love and support me
The list goes on and on. I know that this sounds a little like an exercise in listing on thing you are thankful for as we lead up to Thanksgiving, but I encourage you to give this a try. Give God thanks and praise for the things He has blessed you with, even if you don’t understand why or how it’s a blessing.
Also, I just had to post a song!